Yachtzoo restructures ownership model

Yachtzoo restructures ownership model

Two of the founding members of brokerage Yachtzoo have sold their shares in the company to make co-founder Darrel Hall the majority shareholder. Paola Scalabrino and Chris Richardson will remain as the firm’s sales and charter brokers, with Carin Zemel

Read Full Article
Cantiere Delle Marche completes management buy-out

Cantiere Delle Marche completes management buy-out

Italian shipyard Cantiere Delle Marche (CDM) has been sold through a management buyout with FIL Bros Family Office joining the company as majority shareholder. The Austrian firm has taken a 75% ownership stake, with the remaining 25% to be held

Read Full Article
Ferretti and David Beckham to auction boat for charity

Ferretti and David Beckham to auction boat for charity

Luxury yacht builder Ferretti Group and the David Beckham UNICEF 7 Fund are auctioning a limited-edition Riva Anniversario boat, sending the entire proceeds to benefit children in El Salvador. With only 18 units of Riva Anniversario (pictured) built, the auction

Read Full Article
Is superyacht Nord on a sales tour?

Is superyacht Nord on a sales tour?

The movement of superyacht Nord has attracted a lot of headlines, but is the yacht actually on a sales tour? Yachting market sources in Hong Kong say that the yacht may have been viewed by several potential customers who are

Read Full Article
Arrow opens new office in Fort Lauderdale

Arrow opens new office in Fort Lauderdale

Monaco-based superyacht management and construction specialist Arrow has opened a new office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The new base, Arrow USA, will be headed by Alan Downs. Arrow has completed 65 construction and refit projects in 36 countries to date.

Read Full Article
Sanctioned but still spending: France and Spain accept Russian cash

Sanctioned but still spending: France and Spain accept Russian cash

Russian owners of detained superyachts are continuing to pay for maintenance services in France and Spain, despite being on sanctioned lists. Most owners whose vessels have been frozen are still paying for their superyacht’s maintenance, crew, docking and insurance fees,

Read Full Article
Strains on supply chains

Strains on supply chains

There is good news and bad news when the market is this buoyant. The good news is that record highs reported in the post-pandemic boom have led to continued growth. The bad news is the industry can’t keep up – supply chains

Read Full Article
Borrow A Boat and Helm accept cryptocurrency

Borrow A Boat and Helm accept cryptocurrency

Borrow A Boat is now accepting cryptocurrency as payment for yacht charters across its entire platform, following successful transactions made through its superyacht brokerage, Helm. “Following Helm’s successful introduction of crypto payments last year, we feel the time is right

Read Full Article
Wider and Northrop & Johnson sign North American partnership

Wider and Northrop & Johnson sign North American partnership

Northrop & Johnson will exclusively sell two of Wider’s yachts in a new partnership. The brokerage has the sole sales and management rights of the two models in North America. The two models, both at 170ft (52m) and 210ft (64m),

Read Full Article
Superyacht fire in Australian marina

Superyacht fire in Australian marina

A yacht burst into flames earlier today whilst docked at Hamilton Island Marina in Queensland, Australia. The yacht has been completely destroyed, with other yachts and the marina also suffering fire damage. The 25m (82ft) Sunseeker vessel currently remains smouldering

Read Full Article