Cantiere Delle Marche completes management buy-out

Conor Feasey
By Conor Feasey November 1, 2022 17:33

Cantiere Delle Marche completes management buy-out

Italian shipyard Cantiere Delle Marche (CDM) has been sold through a management buyout with FIL Bros Family Office joining the company as majority shareholder. The Austrian firm has taken a 75% ownership stake, with the remaining 25% to be held by CDM co-founders Ennio Cecchini and Vasco Buonpensiere.

Cecchini, the former CEO of the explorer yacht specialists, has taken on the position of president. The former sales and marketing director, Buonpensiere has been appointed as CEO.

Tom Schröder, owner, FIL Bros Family Office, said: “Together with Vasco and Ennio since both of them play a key role in the shareholding structure, we will consolidate CDM’s position in the international arena as one of the best yacht builders in the world.”

Schröder said the company aims to deliver three to four explorer yachts per year. The decision to focus on building explorer yachts was made in 2010 when the company was first founded.

“When we decided to specialise CDM production, Vasco [Buonpensiere] and I had a clear vision of what would happen in the yachting industry and time has proved us right: that of explorer yachts is nowadays recognised as a trend,” said Cecchini.

According to CDM, it has a strong order book of 13 superyachts and ranks 12th in the world this year by length for yachts under construction.

“Considering that our production is totally sold up to 2026 and that the Value of Production will double within three years compared with 2021, we will further focus on our brand positioning, a brand that already got international recognition,” said Buonpensiere.

Conor Feasey
By Conor Feasey November 1, 2022 17:33